AVON SECURITY PRODUCTS - 5 things you need to know about student ID cards
We know that your student ID cards are invaluable for your students. They clearly identify who they are, help monitor student accounts and allow students access to certain areas within your school. Because of this, a student ID serves as the most powerful administrative tool that you have at your disposal. In order to maximize the benefits of student ID cards, you must fully understand their benefits and how they can function. Here are five things that you must know about them:
1. There is more than one type of encoding technology you can use to manage the data stored on a student ID cardStudent ID cards are no longer simple picture IDs for universities. They can be embedded with any type of encoding technology. You can integrate smart chip, magnetic stripe or RFID technology into your students' ID cards; by doing so, you can allow your students to make purchases at the school store without a band/credit card and open doors without a doorman present.
2. The quality of the picture on a student ID card matters a great dealWe cannot stress enough the value of investing in high quality student ID card resources. A low-quality student ID card, for example will make it more difficult than necessary to properly identify a student. In order to ensure that there is no confusion, always use the highest quality printing capabilities available to you.
3. A double-sided student ID card is much more effectiveA student's name, the name of your university and the year should not be the only information included on their ID card. You should include as much useful information as possible on the card. For example, your school's website, contact information for a lost student ID card and a full student ID number should always be included. However, it can be difficult to provide all of this information on a single sided card without making the information therein unreadable. By printing on both sides of your ID cards, you ensure that you can effectively include everything that you need to.
4. Student ID cards can be used to connect students with off-campus businessesAlthough much of your students' lives will be spent on campus, they will still go to other parts of town to purchase necessities. Although your school does not run these businesses, you can still have their purchases go through student accounts. In order to do this, you need to develop a working relationship with local businesses, and then sync the technology within your student ID cards with the local retailer's POS system.
5. You must make sure that your student ID card printer can keep up with all of your needsIf you have 20,000 students, you should be able to quickly deliver ID cards to all of them. This may seem like a daunting task, but with the right procedures, ID card system and ID card printer, you will be more than capable of getting the job done.
This is just one example -- whether you need rapid smart chip encoding, double-sided printing, thousands of ID cards printed per day or anything else, there is an ID printer that can do it, so don't settle for one that doesn't do everything you need it to.
Are you ready for the new school year?As ID card experts, we know firsthand the value of fully understanding how to use ID cards. Student ID cards have a unique set of properties that must be observed if you are going to fully benefit from them. Contact us for ID card options or to place your order.
AVON SECURITY PRODUCTS